January 21, 2004
hao le, hao le... guo nian le!
The year of the Monkey ought to be a really good one. cos' it's 'hou2' in chinese, having the same syllable that means 'good' in cantonese, or 'gao2' in hokkien which means 'enough' (implying a smooth year with abundance of prosperity and health and happiness and good luck ya).
And I'm a monkey. I meant, my Chinese zodiac's the monkey. And monkeys are agile, witty, fast-learning, competitive animals. Whether or not that implies that I am all that (and more, i hope) is a matter of opinion. Oh, no, I don't need to hear your opinion, thank you. =P
All my pals, have a very prosperous start to the Monkey year ahead (that means, dun foolishly go gamble away all ur angbao money on Mahjong). Don't do monkey business, don't monkey around with people you should not be monkeying around with. If you do, don't get caught. And stay in the pink of health!
Xin Nian Kuai Le!!!
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 11:39